Wednesday, October 3, 2018

First blog post ever!

Greetings, and thanks for stopping by!

This blog is about my restoration journey for my 1963 VW Beetle.

Meet Roscoe


Roscoe is a 1963 VW Beetle. It was originally Beryl Green.

This car is very special to me. My grandfather owned this car and I remember riding in it when I was a kid. I used to have to sit in the back seat as the front passenger seat was replaced with a platform for his dog, GB (Golden Boy, a retriever) to sit.


In need of much attention.
Grandpa Harry (middle name Roscoe) was a very special man to me and I love him very much. He passed away in 1994 and the car went to my mother. She drove it for a few years before letting me have it. I picked it up from California and towed it to Oklahoma where I drove it daily for a few years.

Roscoe has been parked for a few years now as the repairs that it needs are extensive.



5 comments:

  1. LoL ... actually wrote this up months ago. Still trying to figure out this Blogger thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great car and back story! I love the stock look and the fact that it has retained so many original details - such as the colour sticker under the washer bottle. From the initial photos the car it doesn't seem too bad, so hopefully won't need an extensive amount of work to get it back on the road. I'm sure your grandpa Harry would be proud to know that it is in caring hands. Best of luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it dad! I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete