Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Bunch of Rust!


Underneath the pax seat. I was working on something years ago and my knee went through the floor. I then took a sawzall and cut out the rot. It's a hack job, I know but all the metal around the hole is solid so I think I will initially patch this.
The driver's side is nearly as bad but I didn't cut that out. I did stab a screwdriver through it so I know it's rotted.

Right-side rear quarter panel. This is the only spot I've seen body rot. I am sure I will find more when I take the pan out from under the car.

The wheel well. Seems pretty solid which kind of surprises me. There are a couple of holes in it but they look like they were put there intentionally to let the water out.

The dataplate showing Roscoe's original heritage. 5440671 ... not a very long VIN! The tag agency gives me a hard time about this every time I go in there. They have to put a bunch of leading zeroes in front of it to put it in the system. One time, someone put in O's instead of 0's and screwed everything up.
More rust underneath the brake reservoir. Also, the paint code sticker which is barely legible. Original color is L478, Beryl Green.

The obligatory hole under the battery tray.

2 comments:

  1. RE: Spare wheel well; correct, those holes are for drainage and should be there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's kinda dirty down there so hard to tell for sure.

      Delete